Friday, February 24, 2012

Spring Training Conversations

As Spring Training camp gets underway, there aren't many questions surrounding these 2012 Yankees, but there are a few. As such, we called up good friend of the blog, the Obi-Wan to our Anakin, Yankees GM Brian Cashman. The following is a transcript of our conversation:

BC: Hello?

RJG: Bronnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash!

BC: Oh, hey.

RJG: [Singing to the tune of Folsom Prison Blues] But I signed a man in Reno, who could track down flies. When I hear that whistle blowin', I hang my head and cry.

BC: That doesn't make any sense.

RJG: Well I couldn't think of anything for the second line.

BC: Are you calling to make fun of me for my personal troubles?

RJG: No, I would never try to make your personal troubles into a joke. They're already hilarious as it is.

BC: I'm hanging up now.

RJG: No, wait! I'm just calling to talk baseball!

BC: Fine. What do you want to ask?

RJG: Well, it seems to me you have six pitchers for five spots.

BC: It seems to you? We quite clearly have six pitchers for five spots. Everyone's been talking about that for weeks now.

RJG: Yeah yeah. But who do you think takes it between Garcia and Hughes? Is there one you'd prefer over the other?

BC: Not really. It's sort of like when Lexi has to choose between Marc and Avery. You really can't go wrong either way.

RJG: Marc and Avery? Wait. Did you just use a Grey's Anatomy reference?

BC: I guess I did.

RJG: Are you serious right now, because I love that show?!

BC: Me too! I wonder what's going to happen between Yang and Owen!

RJG: Me too! But I sort of wish the writer's could've come up with a less stereotypical sounding name for Yang. I mean, why can't you just give her a regular Asian name like Jeremy?

BC: That's a strange observation.

RJG: D'you know I auditioned for a part on that show?

BC: Really! What part?

RJG: Zola.

BC: You auditioned to play the role of Meredith and Derek's baby?

RJG: Yeah, but they were all, 'you're way too old for this part.' and I'm all, 'it's a metaphor, guys. Get with the program!'

BC: That's utterly insane. What is it a metaphor of?

RJG: You know, your crumbling personal life.

[Click]


There you have it folks. It is a two-man competition for the fifth spot in the rotation and the Yankees are comfortable with whoever takes it.

No comments: